The Mustard Seed Boutique in Marble Hill, Mo



 I absolutely love it when I get to talk about some place in my hometown; today I am overjoyed to tell you about my experience at The Mustard Seed Boutique in Uptown Marble Hill, MO (yes that is my hometown).

I would like to call The Mustard Seed Boutique a Mom & Pop diner, because really that is what it is, however, it don’t fit the description of a greasy hamburger joint.  The Mom & Pop comes in because it is completely family (or close friend) owned and operated which gives this place the total small town atmosphere.  With that said I must go back and bite my tongue, The Mustard Seed Boutique may have the small town atmosphere, but has the big city flare.  While dining out on their front porch I felt as if I was sitting somewhere much different, you could literally pick this place up and drop it in Chicago and it would fit right in.  To sum up what I am saying this place is a big city kind of joint with a small town atmosphere…..Seriously! 


The Mustard Seed Boutique is a diner, gift shop, a venue, and cool place to hang your hat.  I would not hesitate to bring my city friends in and catch a lunch with them, host my daughter’s birthday party there, or even take my Mom and Dad out for Saturday afternoon ice cream there.  This place is perfect for no matter what you are planning….call that the small town diversity! 

I had the pleasure of having lunch with the owner Cindi Morris and I asked her what her motivation behind opening this little place was.  Cindi says, “It was always her dream to have something like this in Marble Hill and she wanted someplace nice for the locals and visitors to come.”  Now I am a little bias, not because I know Cindi, but because she mentioned “locals and visitors”, anyone who looks out for others gets two-thumbs up from me.  Marble Hill is a rural and small town and we need all the help and looking out for we can get! 

The Mustard Seed Boutique has a small kitchen, by small I mean they have a short menu, now do not let that
my lunch
keep you from coming by.  I found this just means they are experts at what they are cooking for the day…okay I polished off my BBQ sandwich, my chips and salsa, and the Strawberry Pie in a Cup with no problem.  If you just want to go to try the place out, TRY the Strawberry Pie in a Cup…I have yet to tell Lesse about the Pie in a Cup or we might become daily visitors to The Mustard Seed Boutique!  

Inside you will also find an adorable gift shop; I would like to compare it to the gift shops I recently visited in Downtown Jefferson City, Missouri.  The shop has everything from upscale clothing (at an affordable price), children’s books, jewelry, and several things made or produced by a few of the locals.  

The Mustard Seed Boutique also host classes, book clubs, and special events…follow them on Facebook to keep up with all their events, changes in their merchandise, and their daily specials.  
  
Have an Adventurous Day!

~Becky  

Part of The Mustard Seed Boutique Staff - Haley, Cindi, Chelsea, and Beverly.  

The gift shop

more gift shop

gift shop

their inviting front porch...LOVE THIS

Strawberry Pie in a Cup.....Heaven in a Cup :-) 

Where they prepare your lunch...I LOVE the open kitchen!  



Disclosure:  The Mustard Seed Boutique sponsored my visit; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.  
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment