Becky Cooks....Plum Jelly

Disclosure:  Part of the products in this post I have been gifted in return for a review...however, all thoughts and opinions are my own, unless you want to come help me can my veggies and fruit!  

We have an abundance of plums this year, okay no we have so many plums that we could feed our
Lesse picking plums
neighbors and have!  Grandpa H's plum tree is overloaded with plums this year, he claims it his special fertilizer (chicken poo and water) either way we have so many plums I decided I would learn to make plum jelly! .

I have claimed before and will state it again I am a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff, but with the help of my support team (The Man, Grandpa H, & Grandma H) and The Ball Blue Book Of Canning and Preserving Recipes I have successfully made some yummy Plum Jelly.  

First Lesse and I picked plums, okay we picked and picked plums.....I washed, sorted, and boiled the plums to make plum juice, this was rather easy!   Then the recipe called for 5 1/2 cups of plum juice, 1 package of powdered pectin ( I used Sure-Jell Premium Fruit Pectin), and 7 1/2 cups of sugar. 


My Jelly
First you bring the Juice and Pectin to a boil over high heat, stirring often, then add sugar and bring it to a hard boil for 1 minute.  Once boiled, remove from heat, skim foam off the top, and ladle the jelly into jars to process for 10 minutes.  

For the processing part, or canning part I once again used my Fagor Home Canning Kit.....I cannot say enough how much I love this kit.  I have used my pressure canner a few times now and my review stands the same...Fagor Home Canning Kit is perfect for learners!

Have an Adventurous Day!

~Becky 

No comments:

Post a Comment