Pie Baking Adventure


There is something about Fall that just makes you “need” an Apple Pie, okay maybe not need, or at least my waistline does not “need”.  However, my lovely neighbors brought over a large bag of apples yesterday, well that large bag of apples led us to pick more apples followed by baking an Apple Pie. 




I am an all time fail in the kitchen, no lie my pies, pizza, and anything else I claim to cook looks like a pile of mess.  My sidekicks don’t care after all my name is NOT Martha Stewart and if the food taste good then who is complaining. 

I originally thought I would make my own crust for this pie baking adventure, however, Jiffy Pie Crust works just as well, and a lot LESS of a Mess….Kudos to myself for avoiding the mess!  

Our pie-baking recipe was sort of mixed together of several other recipes.  I also have NO clue how to read directions, follow directions, or listen to instructions.  Hmmmm, should I be putting that in writing?  Ahhh who cares, I think you all already knew that.

Becky’s Concocted Pie Recipe

Jiffy Pie Crust Mix – follow instructions or do the best you can
6 cups of thinly sliced apples – smooshed, diced, hammered, or just whatever works
¾ cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of salt
¾ teaspoon of cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of salt

Mix all the ingredients together, throw into piecrust, make the top look semi decent, and then bake for 45 minutes or until you think it is done.   

No matter how crazy our pie sounded, looked, or is every bite was taken with extreme pride! 

Yes we Peeled & Chopped

First Time using a big knife.  

No worries folks, it is a butter knife

Perfect measure! 

messy pie

Finished Product

Let's EAT




2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & it was, even for breakfast this morning :-)

      Delete